Thursday, June 25, 2009

5k Cancer Walk

Hello my name is Aubrea Gibbons and for one of my Young Women value projects (Good Works) I am doing a 5k cancer walk.  What my 5k will be, is 3.1 miles that can be walked, jogged, or ran.  There will be an entry fee of five dollars per person or 10 dollars per family.  Extra donations would be appreciated.  At the end of the 5k all of the money that has been made will go to the American Cancer Society for research and other various things to prevent cancer.  Don't worry this can be taken at any pace and it is not a race.  If you feel you can't do it have your children or grandchildren come for you. Please help me in helping the American Cancer Society.

For any more information on Cancer or Cancer prevention please visit www.cancer.org

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm hoping I can make it, but we may be in Oregon visiting Camille and her new baby (that is, if she has her by then) But If I'm in Town, I would LOVE To come and particapate! wait a go! love ya

    ReplyDelete